Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Custom BB Pony Experiment - Luna Edition - Step One

Since one of my favorite characters from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is Princess Luna, I decided to try and make a custom Blind Bag Pony, from some non-cannon bb ponies donated to me by a friend, and a couple that I bought myself.  Not wanting to ruin his ponies, should I fail, I began with Sugar Grape.

Step One is: Add horn and crown.

I'm a little anxious.  I just finished constructing them, which was far more difficult than I expected, due to how small they are... and I'm waiting for the air-dry crayola clay to dry.  I'm very concerned that the material of choice is too brittle, and will break when I try to paint.

So far, it doesn't look too impressive, but 99% of attempters would agree that this is probably the hard part.  The original picture reference I had for a completed BB Luna had fixed the hair to be more like hers... I think I'mma wait to do that until I'm a little more advanced... if I do that at all.  I've seen other BB Lunas without the changed hair, and they look just as good, so my concern has dropped on that end.

Here's how it looks so far:

I've also noticed that adding the horn and crown has made her a little topheavy, and she tends to fall over a lot.  I might have to stuff some clay in the little hole in her hoof to balance things out a bit.

Just did.  Seems to help a touch.

Also, I've been updating my DeviantArt a little more, recently, and have been participating in Equestria Daily's Mock War challenge, if anyone is interested.

Until next time,
Cap'n Kyrie

No comments:

Post a Comment