Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Headache Levels

The other day, I realized just now much I hate taking medicine, even when I need it.  I'm not anti-medicine or conspiracy theorist, or anything like that.  I just don't like to take meds.  Something about combinations of chemicals that I don't understand doing things to my body that I don't understand just isn't all that appealing to me for some reason.

Here is a list of headache levels and my excuse for not taking medicine at each one.  One is the least painful.

Pain Level One - Why would I take medicine?  It's probably going to be gone in a few seconds.

Pain Level Two - It's really not that bad. I can deal with it.  Just annoying.

Pain Level Three - Well, I haven't been drinking much water.  Here, let me down a few glasses.  It'll help.

Pain Level Four - It's still dehydration...  The water just hasn't kicked in, yet.

Pain Level Five - If I took medicine, I'd have to eat something first and I'm not hungry.

Pain Level Six - Fine, I'll take medicine.  The next time I get up, I'll get something to eat and I'll take medicine.

Pain Level Seven - I'm in too much pain to get up and take medicine.

Pain Level Eight - You know what, it's getting late.  Maybe I'm just in need of sleep.  *sleep*

Pain Level Nine - *whimper* Sleep didn't help.

Pain Level Ten - Either someone forces meds down my throat, or my head asplodes.

I have noticed that there is one exception to this chart.  If I am at a con, I won't complain about taking my meds.  In fact, I'll take my meds as low as Pain Level Two.  I'll be damned if I'mma let pain ruin my con experience.

Until next time,
Cap'n Kyrie

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you need to think of all your life as a con experience you don't want to ruin with pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny. Boyfriend hates taking meds too. About a month ago he had a 103 degree temp and wouldn't take any medicine so I had to trick him into it. Then I took his butt to the ER.

    I'll pop pills all day long as long as it makes me feel better. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete